Have you are scheduled a great day out with your family and at lunch time you discover that you find yourself at a fast Food Restaurant?
This has happened to me several times as spending time with friends is one of the most valuable and precious experiences I get to have in my day to day life. I LOVE hanging out with my friends.
The issues begin to arise, for me, when it comes time to decide where we are going to go to eat lunch or supper; even though there are many suggestions for healthier alternatives, most of the time we end up eating at fast food restaurants.
This can be hazard on the road to weight loss, however this is one important strategy that you can use to avoid losing weight loss momentum: Always avoid the pop and anything deep fried (French fries and hash browns), and anything breaded (chicken nuggets or patties, and breaded fish sandwiches). Yes, chicken and fish are good for you but once they are breaded and fried in oil they become full of trans fats and calories.
Using these next few tips will help you make the best food choices when you find yourself at a fast food restaurant.
- Avoid pop – they do not contain any health benefits and are full of chemicals and highly processed high fructose corn syrup.
- Drink water – water is always best option for a drink. If you find it hard to drink water, drink unsweetened tea instead. Some of you are coffee drinkers (I know I am) so it is okay to have a cup of coffee if you so choose.
- Avoid croissants, pancakes, French toast, or anything else that is sweetened with sugar or syrup.
- Avoid bacon and ham as they tend to be extremely high in sodium and lack nutritional value.
- Eat a biscuit or English muffin with an egg or a fruit and nut salad. Some of these restaurants now offer oatmeal, which can be a good option but be informed that the instant oatmeal that they use is extremely high in sugar content and can contain just as many calories as that cheese burger offered later in the day.
Lunch & Supper
- Avoid the fried items on the menu.
- Eat a grilled chicken sandwich or salad, enjoy a cup of chili, or baked potato. Opting for the grilled items is your best choice in this situation.
Using these tips you can make the best choices when you find yourself at a fast food restaurant. Keep in mind that being aware of your choices is the best thing for weight loss.
As a side note, some fast food places now offer nutritional information. Take a few moments while waiting in line to peruse through these and see what you discover.
21 thoughts on “How to Eat Fast Food and Still Lose Weight”
Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or
guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would
love to have you share some stories/information. I know my
viewers would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.
Thank you for the feedback; I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed this.
Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading?
I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my
end or if it’s the blog. Any suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.
Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images
on this blog loading? I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog.
Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.